Reports by FCA Economists
To help the agency thoroughly understand the risks facing farmers, ranchers, and the Farm Credit System, our economists continually monitor conditions in the U.S. farm economy, the nation’s general economy, and the global economy.
They produce economic and policy reports that provide valuable perspective for our policy analysts, examiners, and leaders. These reports may also be of interest to individuals outside the agency.
This web page contains a list of many of the reports prepared by our economists over the past few months.
- The Malthusian Miscalculation: A World Awash in Grains and Soybeans, October 24, 2016
- Ag Loan Volume Grows at Farm Banks; Loan Quality Is Declining, September 30, 2016
- Understanding the Profit Outlook for the 2016 U.S. Corn Crop, August 31, 2016
- Louisiana Flood Impacts and Managing Farm Risk, August 24, 2016
- July 2016 Crop Margin Report, July 15, 2016
- Brexit — Implications of the UK’s Decision to Leave the European Union, July 5, 2016
- Agricultural Policy Change in China: Trip Overview by U.S. Delegation, June 14, 2016
- Report on Economic Conditions Affecting Agriculture and Update on Farm Credit System Condition, June 9, 2016
- U.S. Agricultural Trade Under Fire, April 19, 2016
- Update on U.S. Farm Equipment Trends, March 22, 2016
- Farm Program Price Protection to Decline Sharply After 2016 Crop Year, March 1, 2016
- U.S. Agriculture Exports: Recent Trends and Commodity Exposure to International Trade, January 12, 2016
- Farm Debt Grows as Incomes Fall, December 18, 2015
- U.S. Agricultural Exports: Key Destinations and Country Concentration Risk, September 29, 2015
- U.S. Agricultural Trade: Recent Developments and Outlook, September 25, 2015
- The Importance of Agriculture Exports to U.S. Trade and the Farm Economy, September 9, 2015
Page updated: 9/28/16